John Hawkins at RightWing News has his 8th Annual 50 Most Obnoxious Quotes up.
Here’s a taste of the 2011 vintage, and what a sweet year for “civility” it was:
50) Take the vehicle, I have 10 more. Police don’t have anything else (expletive) to do except (expletive) with me. Do you know who I am? — Allen Iverson
49) Storms Kill Over 250 Americans In States Represented By Climate Pollution Deniers — ThinkProgress Headline
48) I’m in, like, dating Babylon. Like, I go on dates with men and, literally, like Sarah Palin will come up in like the first 20 minutes, and that doesn’t put me in the mood. Like, talking about Sarah Palin. And they just want to know gossip, and I’m just kind of taking a little hiatus from dating right now, because I just don’t want to talk about Sarah Palin. — Meghan McCain
47) I can’t say with certitude. My system was hacked. Pictures can be manipulated, pictures can be dropped in and inserted. — Anthony Weiner explaining away the crotch shots he sent out to women on Twitter
46) Look at, look, the Tea Partiers, who are controlling the Republican Party….Their stated policy, publicly stated, is to do whatever it takes to see to it that Obama only serves one term. What’s, what does that, what underlines that? ‘Screw the country. We’re going to whatever we do to get this black man, we can, we’re going to do whatever we can to get this black man outta here.’… It is a racist thing. — Morgan Freeman
45) Do you think this Constitution-loving is getting out of hand? — Joy Behar
44) A good place to start a more civil dialog would be for my Republican colleagues in the House to change the name of the bill they have introduced to repeal health care reform. The bill, titled the “Repeal the Job Killing Health Care Law Act,” was set to come up for a vote this week, but in the wake of Gabby’s shooting, it has been postponed at least until next week.
Don’t get me wrong — I’m not suggesting that the name of that one piece of legislation somehow led to the horror of this weekend — but is it really necessary to put the word “killing” in the title of a major piece of legislation? — Chellie Pingree, Congresswoman (D-ME)
43) We’ve been a little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades. We’ve kind of taken for granted — well, people will want to come here and we aren’t out there hungry, selling America and trying to attract new business into America. — Barack Obama
42) The Republican Party is saying that the President of the United States has bosses, that the union bosses this President around, the unions boss him around. Does that sound to you like they are trying to consciously or subconsciously deliver the racist message that, of course, of course a black man can’t be the real boss? — Lawrence O’Donnell
41) I will tell you that I had a mother last night come up to me here in Tampa, Fla., after the debate. She told me that her little daughter took that (Gardasil) vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter. — Michele Bachmann spreads a vaccine conspiracy theory
40) We are taking away a choice that continues to let people waste their own money. — Energy Secretary Steven Chu on banning incandescent lightbulbs
Don’t worry, they get obnoxiouser…er, more obnoxiousey…hell, you know what I mean – they get worse…read them all here…