When was the last time you read the Ten Planks of the Communist Manifesto and then looked at what has been done to this nation since the birth of the Progressive movement in the early 20th Century?
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
As of June 2010, Federal govt. owned more than 53% of all private home mortgages. It has been reported this number is now closer to 90% and the ownership of commercial mortgages exceeds 60%.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
Done: top rates have exceeded 90% in the past.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
There are active efforts to re-establish and increase the inheritance tax which, in some cases, exceeds 55%.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
The FEDERAL RESERVE! (Read some Ron Paul on this issue)
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.
Stories like this one are now common place, but you don’t hear about them on NBC, CBS, NBM and the like. That is NOT an indication that these stories are false, it is actually an affirmation that the media is now controlled.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
Federally controlled lands now exceed 30% of ALL land in the U.S. (the land the govt. has seized controls the majority of the nations natural resources – especially energy resources); the federal govt. effectively nationalized GM and Chrysler; the Federal govt. is directing “green energy” ventures; the Federal govt. is partnered with major corporations like GE; the Federal govt. has effectively nationalized major manufacturing through its alliance with the unions.
8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
The symbiotic relationship between the govt. and the unions and the repeated calls for everyone to have a “right” to a job. We also have the effects of Agenda 21 and the govt. crack down on family farming – especially through regulations that destroy a families ability to operate a small farm.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.
A form of this is found in Agenda 21 and govt. regulations that have aided larger farming corporations in consolidating agriculture by push the small farmer out of business.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc.
Mostly accomplished by the Nationalization of education, and even expanded by Head Start, which now seeks to reach down and “enroll” children:
“The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother’s care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.”
The govt. has also started to take measures to reduce/eliminate homeschooling and to resist voucher schools that would also weaken the Federal control over education.
[Links provided in this story are not intended to provide "proof" of any 1 claim, but rather, to start the reader doing her/his own research and to establish that there is reason to accept that these policies are being actively pursued by the people in control of our own government and social institutions. HOWEVER, you can also look here, here, and here - for starters.]