I have no idea of the political leanings of Deacon Greg at The Deacon’s Bench but I do know two things: 1) he shares our feeling of being fed up with a media that willfully distorts “news” to help Obama and 2) he has had a HotAiralanche and we haven’t.
I’ve said it before that there is an air of desperation in the media and the stench of a crushing defeat is beginning to waft over from the “progressive” camps. They are so desperate to create some kind of negative image of Romney that they will try anything. So far, everything that they have thrown at him has bounced back and hit them in the face:
- Romney was a high school bully and once cut a gay kid’s hair – well, maybe not really.
- He was a liberal just like Obama during the primaries, now he is to the right of Genghis Khan…but I thought MassCare was Obamacare’s daddy, was it not?
- Ann Romney wears expensive clothes – oh, wait, Michelle Obama wears $2,700 sweaters and $500 tennis shoes – oops!
- Ann Romney rides expensive horses – damn, Jackie Kennedy did, too, and we loved her for it.
- The Romney’s are rich and live a luxurious life – but Michelle takes a lot of vacations on the taxpayer’s dime and Barry has hit the links 100 times in 3 and a half years – pretty luxe too, huh?
- TV libs like Letterman, John Stewart, Conan O’Brien and Bill Maher damn Romney because he is, OMG, rich – but wait, they are all rich 1%ers too.
Now with the help of the propaganda ministry of the DNC, the cable network MSNBC, they want you to think that Romney is out of touch with the regular folks just like President George H.W. Bush was in 1992 when he was so stupid that he didn’t know about supermarket scanners – except, like the Romney edit, that never happened either.
I’m tired. Truly. I’ve grown weary of trying to defend the indefensible and explain the inexplicable. For years, people have stomped their feet and pounded their fists and snorted “Liberal media bias!” and I’ve always tut-tutted and shooshed them and said, “No, no. Calm down. They meant well. It was just a misunderstanding. A mistake. These things happen.” I spent over 25 years working in the oft-reviled Mainstream Media and I saw up close and personal how the sausage was made. I knew the people who wielded the knives and wore the aprons, and could vouch (most of the time, anyway) for their good intentions.
Forget it. I’m done. You deserve what they’re saying about you. It’s earned. You have worked long and hard to merit the suspicion, acrimony, mistrust and revulsion that the media-buying public increasingly heaps upon you. You have successfully eroded any confidence, dispelled any trust, and driven your audience into the arms of the Internet and the blogosphere, where biases are affirmed and like-minded people can tell each other what they hold to be true, since nobody believes in objective reality any more. You have done a superlative job of diminishing what was once a great profession and undermining one of the vital underpinnings of democracy, a free press.
I just have one question:
What the hell is wrong with you guys?
Good question…but I think unintentionally rhetorical. We know what is wrong with them – they have picked a side (actually it is the same side that they have been on since the 1960’s) – except this time there are other outlets that can examine the events and provide the facts that the media chooses to edit out.
As Ken Layne famously said in 2001: “We can fact-check your ass!”