While the questions swirl around U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice about why she misled the American public and the rest of the World as to the attack on the Benghazi Consulate, there are still some other important questions that still have yet to be answered.
The current shiny distraction as to who change the talking points that Ms. Rice was given is much to do about nothing. Lets face it, Susan Rice said exactly what Barack Obama told her to say. He even said as much in his recent press conference where he feigned contempt for those who would question Susan Rice’s motives and truthfulness.
What needs to be remembered is that 4 Americans serving abroad were murdered in the service of our Nation and the Obama administration has stonewalled any attempt to ascertain the events that happened before, during and after the attack on 11 Sep 2012.
Here are some of the questions that need to be answered… NOW. It’s has become clear that the media in the Washington D.C. bubble-belt can’t see the forest from the trees. They no longer think outside the box and no longer serving the American people as the “4th Branch” of the government.
- When did the Obama Administration know of the security issues in Benghazi and the U.S. Consulate?
- Why were the security concerns not heeded?
- Why was the Ambassador in Benghazi with minimal security?
- When did the Obama Administration know the consulate was under attack?
- What did the President do when he was notified the consulate was under attack?
- What were the assets in place that could be used to target a lased position while the attack was ongoing?
- Why were Gen Carter Ham and Rear Adm. Charles M. Gaoutte relieved of their commands after they attempted to assist those on the ground in Benghazi under attack?
- Who told the Navy Seals to stand down and why?
These are the 2 people at the center of this debacle. They need to answer the above questions before we move along to any thing else dealing with the foreign policy mess that is the Obama Middle East doctrine.