…which is “not at all“:
France is ‘totally bankrupt’, jobs minister admits as concerns grow over Hollande’s tax-and-spend policies
- Minister Michel Sapin said: ‘There is a state but it’s a totally bankrupt state’
- Unemployment and living costs have spiralled since party came to power
- President trying to revive economy through cutting spending by £51billion
- Finance Minister Pierre Moscovici said Mr Sapin’s comments were ‘inappropriate’ and tried to blame Nicolas Sarkozy’s government
- An online poll in Le Figaro newspaper showed that 80.5 per cent of readers agreed that France is bankrupt
But notice that Holland is using a trick from Obama’s bag in blaming his predecessor, Nicolas Sarkozy…but even Little Nicky and his hottie wife, Carla Bruni (click here for gratuitous picture of Hot Carla), are planning an escape to London…and when you are moving to London to avoid taxes, you know something is wrong…
Capital flows where it is wanted, not to where it is punished:
The richest man in France has officially transferred his multi-billion pound fortune out of his homeland to Belgium.Bernard Arnault, head of luxury goods group LVMH, insists he has moved his assets for ‘family inheritance reasons’.But others are convinced that the 63-year-old has joined other tycoons and celebrities in wanting to avoid taxes – including a 75 per cent top rate on income – introduced by Socialist President Francois Hollande.
Remember how the lefties told us that the rich wouldn’t flee?
Yeah, that seems to be working out just fine:
During a press conference held on Tuesday, Tiger Woods backed Phil Mickelson’s earlier comments concerning California’s high tax rates, and cited them as his main motivation for leaving the state in 1996.
Despite the obligatory plea to pay one’s “fair share” argument that such a move will prompt, Woods’ and Mickelson’s statements may prove to be the majority’s sentiment, causing others to follow suit.
Mickelson, in a Sunday press conference, made his views concerning California’s tax rates public, and vowed the he may have to make “some drastic changes.” Mickelson went on to say that those changes are prompted because, “I happen to be in that zone that has been targeted both federally and by the state, and it doesn’t work for me right now.”