OK, time for a thinking post (brought to you by the philosopher in me). Actually, this one is for all those of you who agree with the idea that we are a collective, or that society is greater than the individual.
If you believe that society must come before the individual:
– You must agree with slavery. After all, the good of the society would out-weight the freedom of those few slaves.
– You must never defend minorities. After all, the smallest minority is the individual, and you already agree that society comes before the individual. So no more support for minorities.
– You cannot oppose racism – so long as it is racism directed at a minority race within society. After all, it benefits society to have an enemy to blame, and if that benefit can be achieved by blaming society’s ills on a minority, then so be it. Society comes before that smaller group. Just remember: The majority can never be attacked as they constitute society.
– You can’t really attack the ruling class as they think for society. They are the ones who decide what is best for the masses. This would include the wealthy as they provide the jobs, without which, the masses would starve.
– You cannot support democracy, as the masses do not know what is best for them. After all, what are the masses but an un-organized collection of individuals, each with his/her own idea of what is best and how best to achieve it. This is detrimental to society, so society must have an all-powerful ruler to care for it, and that negates any allowance for democracy.
– You cannot claim to have any right for yourself. If society decides you cannot have your child because it has a defect, you have too many or it just doesn’t want to care for it, then you have no claim to your child. Likewise, if society decides you are of superior genetic stock, it has the right to force you to breed with whomever it tells you. Society can tell you where to live and work what to eat and wear. Society can control every aspect of your life for its benefit. Your concerns – as an individual – are of no concern. The only concern is the greater good of society – as determined by the central leadership.
These are just some of the things you must accept if you support Obama and his Liberal/Progressive agenda. And don’t even try to argue that Obama is not a socialist: you can’t make your case. The man is what he is, and if you stand with him, you must submit to the above restrictions. Or…
Or you can switch sides and join those of us who know and understand liberty, and that liberty starts with and stays with the individual and the individual’s first claim:
If you want to stay with Obama, then you have to surrender your claim to your self to him. If you want to claim yourself, then you must stand with us. However, if you are going to stand with us, you need to reject your collectivist mentality and start learning the principles of individual rights and liberty. If you cannot, or you refuse to do so, then get back up top on this post and fit yourself into that collectivist vision of utopia. Just understand, the chances of you ever getting to be one of the self-appointed ruling elite are worse than your chances of winning the lotto.
Now be an individual and choose!