I’ve been thinking about this.
- Do you think it is possible that a candidate, a regular person with a solid background could build a grassroots campaign on nothing but their principles?
- Can a candidate be viable without a party affiliation and a $500 million ad buy?
- What if the campaign was only personal appearances, web access, position papers and direct debates (real ones – not the fake, TV produced kinds, but a true Robert’s Rules of Order, National Parliamentary Debate Association debate)?
- Does a candidate have to be part of the political establishment?
- Could a “crowdsourced” campaign garner enough funding to compete?
Isn’t what is wrong with government today that we have too many politicians in politics?
They claim to be running on principles but they spend millions trying to hide what they really believe or to sell some plastic image of themselves to the public. It isn’t about principles these days, nobody digs deep enough or investigates enough anymore to even know if the candidate has a history that supports their claim to a particular position. Obama broke the mold on the plasticity of a candidate and half of America bought it because of the new box with “New and Improved!” on the outside and the same old lying politician on the inside. It wasn’t about Pennsylvania Avenue, it was all Madison Avenue.
- How many times have you said to yourself that Obama has never even run so much as a lemonade stand?
- How many times have you wished for somebody that has experienced a life like yours to be in the Oval Office?
- How many times have you said that you want a candidate who drives a 4 wheel drive truck every day (because it is not a campaign prop) with a beat up pair of leather gloves in the console, tools and a tow rope in the back, wears boots and looks like he has actually worked in a pair of jeans and not like he is wearing his high-waisted mom jeans for a photo op?
- How many times have you wished for a person to take the oath of office and mean it?
- How many times have you wished for a foreign policy that says, “You don’t want to do what is in America’s best interest? Say, about that aid check – it ain’t coming until you change your mind.“?
- How many times have you wished for a terrorism policy that says, “So, you say you hate America and want to destroy her. Do tell. Well, I’m going to take you at your word and by the end of the week, your ass is going to disappear, and your mosque, too, if you choose to hide in it…and if the government that is harboring you doesn’t like it – please refer them to Item 5 on this list.“?
- Why do we allow government to exempt itself from the rules that the rest of us have to follow?
- Why do we allow media to have so much power?
- How many times have you wished for a candidate who could do something that MSNBC apparently can’t – look at a slice of watermelon and a bucket of KFC and think “I didn’t realize it was Sunday already! What channel is the game on?” and not think of the word “nigger”?
- Ever wish for someone with the ability to say to a Democrat, “Madame Pelosi, that’s the dumbest crock of shit that I have ever heard in my life.”?
Utah2016: He eats only 100% certified free range, racist free watermelon…and likes it.
I’m just sayin’.