I’m not fond of getting sued or harassed by felons with a terrorist background but I do want to add my support to Stacy McCain, Aaron Worthing and Patterico of Patterico’s Pontifications (where I first heard of Kimberlin a few years ago) in their fight with Bret Kimberlin, the Speedway Bomber.
Friday, May 25 is “Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day,” but I thought I’d get some of my blogging done early. Yesterday I asked cryptically “Who is Brett Kimberlin?” You can’t find out who he is or why he wages lawfare against anyone who points out his criminal history by looking him up on Wikipedia, because his page there got sent down the memory hole. Wikipedia hasn’t explained how or why that happened, but Kimberlin seems to be blaming the Klan for writing the page about him. Who knew that the Klan, founded to be the Democratic Party’s terrorist wing after losing the Civil War, is so wiki-savvy as to write up a wiki page about a convicted terrorist now? The sheet-wearers get around, I guess.
But Kimberlin’s Klan haven’t gotten to Google yet. Lee Stranahan linked to this very useful page on Google Scholar. It lists a whole lot of court action involving Mr. Kimberlin. Any lawyers in the readership here want to take on some of those links and see what sort of person we’re dealing with?
One huge and relevant question hangs over all this: What did Barbra Streisand know and when did she know it? It’s her money that funds Kimberlin’s leftwing activism. Is she cool with funding an unrepentant terrorist? Did she even know that she was? Does she know that she’s funding a man who has forced an innocent family to flee their home?
If you have a blog, you have a voice and no one has the right to shut it down with frivolous lawfare or intimidation of the blogger or their family.
Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit, Ace and the AOSHQ team and Michelle Maklin are also on board.
Stacy and Smitty have more here and at these links:
- May 17: Is Democrat Operative Neal Rauhauser an ‘Associate’ of Convicted Terrorist Brett Kimberlin? (And Why It Matters)
- May 17: Convicted Terrorist Brett Kimberlin Received $70,000 From Tides Foundation, $10,000 From Streisand, $20,000 from John Kerry’s Wife
- May 18: Who Warned Us About Brett Kimberlin?
- May 19: Domestic Terrorist Now Using ‘Lawfare’? Convicted Felon Kimberlin’s 501(c)3 Raised $1.8 Million in Six Years UPDATE: ‘Convicted of Perjury’
- May 20: Deadline Loometh, and the Raven Is Croaking Brett Kimberlin’s Name
- May 20: ‘Other Computer Savvy Activists’
- May 21: Never Doubt That God Answers Prayer
- May 22: Brett Kimberlin Saga Takes a Bizarre Turn, Forcing Me to Leave Maryland