Ace is also on the trail of the penchant of the “speak no evil, see no evil, hear no evil” American Left and their enablers in the media to simply ignore facts that don’t fit the narrative. This is why there can never be a productive debate with a contemporary liberal, if a particular fact does not agree with their position, they simply dismiss it out of hand because you are the source – and we know that the only legitimate “facts” originate from the left, initiate an ad hominem attack, try to pass off an appeal to hypocrisy(a logical fallacy) as a true argument or just ignore it. There has been a lot of that on this site today in the exchanges with Imam Greg.
Ace’s post is here – do go READ IT ALL:
We Don’t Want to Know, and We Can’t Report It If We Never Discover It, so Let’s Just Give this One a Miss.
You’ve seen this, of course, in the Gosnell case. The media suspects the details of the case would not be helpful for the pro-partial-birth-abortion left and therefore does not endeavor to collect the details. You can’t be charged with failing to disclose what you intentionally made yourself ignorant of.
We also see this in the case of Dzhohkar Tsarnaev. Why did USAToday alone get the scoop on the radical mosque and its myriad terrorist connections?
Not just hard work and beating everyone to the punch. Though they should be credited with that.
No, they got the scoop because other media organizations realized The News Would Probably Not Help the Left and hence gave it a pass.
Meanwhile, the NYT, for example, spends its journalistic dollars to interview the Lovely Lads’ former high-school classmates and other such The Human Side soft-soap.
USAToday went to where the news was likely to be; the New York Times did not…
But an organization doesn’t devote virtually any journalist resources to a story accidentally. They make a choice. They choose which stories to suffocate for want of media oxygen.
If you’re reading the New York Times, you’re not reading the news. You haven’t been reading the news there for quite some time.
What you’re reading is a supplementary brief to the DNC’s and liberal coalition’s newsletter– the footnotes to that newsletter.
But not the news. Never the news, and by design.
Here’s part of the USAT piece he is talking about:
The mosque attended by the two brothers accused in the Boston Marathon double bombing has been associated with other terrorism suspects, has invited radical speakers to a sister mosque in Boston and is affiliated with a Muslim group that critics say nurses grievances that can lead to extremism.
Several people who attended the Islamic Society of Boston mosque in Cambridge, Mass., have been investigated for Islamic terrorism, including a conviction of the mosque’s first president, Abdulrahman Alamoudi, in connection with an assassination plot against a Saudi prince.
The FBI has not indicated that either mosque was involved in any criminal activity, but mosque attendees and officials have been implicated in terrorist activity:
• Alamoudi, who signed the articles of incorporation as the Cambridge mosque’s president, was sentenced to 23 years in federal court in Alexandria, Va., in 2004 for his role as a facilitator in what federal prosecutors called a Libyan assassination plot against then-crown prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia. Abdullah is now the Saudi king.
• Aafia Siddiqui, who occasionally prayed at the Cambridge mosque, was arrested in Afghanistan in 2008 while in possession of cyanide canisters and plans for a chemical attack in New York City. She tried to grab a rifle while in detention and shot at military officers and FBI agents, for which she was convicted in New York in 2010 and is serving an 86-year sentence.
• Tarek Mehanna, who worshiped at the Cambridge mosque, was sentenced in 2012 to 17 years in prison for conspiring to aid al-Qaeda. Mehanna had traveled to Yemen to seek terrorist training and plotted to use automatic weapons to shoot up a mall in the Boston suburbs, federal investigators in Boston alleged.
• Ahmad Abousamra, the son of a former vice president of the Muslim American Society Boston Abdul-Badi Abousamra, was identified by the FBI as Mehanna’s co-conspirator. He fled to Syria and is wanted by the FBI on charges of providing support to terrorists and conspiracy to kill Americans in a foreign country.
• Jamal Badawi of Canada, a former trustee of the Islamic Society of Boston Trust, which owns both mosques, was named as a non-indicted co-conspirator in the 2007 Holy Land Foundation terrorism trial in Texas over the funneling of money to Hamas, which is the Palestinian wing of the Muslim Brotherhood.
But I guess the Brothers Tsarnaev are “just two jerks” who liked to play with fireworks and cooking utensils.