In that little block at the top of the page, FaceBook asked me what is on my mind. Probably not a good idea today:
Benghazi, lying politicians, corrupt media and people who care more about tabloid sensationalism than the murder of people who were serving us by terrorists who hate us for being American and Christian. Those things are on my mind.
- To say that I love my country and believe it to be superior to all others is not Nazism.
- To say that a life of welfare dependency destroys lives does not make me a bigot.
- To say that abortion is child murder does not make me anti-woman.
- To say that Islam teaches that any non-Muslim is an enemy does not make me an Islamophobe.
- To say that when we choose to go to war we should do whatever it takes to win does not make me a warmongering imperialist.
- To say that I don’t care if you are gay but I don’t want something that I believe the Bible teaches is wrong to be taught to elementary school kids and forced down my throat does not make me a homophobe.
- To say that I believe in the Second Amendment guarantees me the right to own the weapons that I do, does not mean that I support the random killing of children.
- To say that an overbearing and oppressive government is tyranny doesn’t make me an anarchist.
- To listen with disgust to media reporting about Kermit Gosnell and Ariel Castro as if they were simple purse snatchers without recognizing that true evil exists and is guided by the hand of Satan does not make me a religious nutbag.
- Because I grew up in rural Mississippi, went to a public schools and a public university does not make me a redneck, rube or a dumbass that should bow to any moron who matriculated from any school that has ivy growing on it, especially any crypto-Marxist from the Kennedy School of Government.
- To oppose the policies of a Democrat black president that are more leftist than the policies of the last Democrat Caucasian president that I also opposed does not make me a racist.
Our corrupt government, the persecution of Christianity and our inability to do anything about either of them has been weighing heavily on my soul for a while. I’m angry, frustrated and unsure what to do other than to pray about it.
I’m just sick and tired of 50 years of the catastrophic damage wrought on our country by people bent on the destruction of it though denial of the very things that make us unique in the world.
We are Americans, damn it.
“We’ll put a boot in your ass, it’s the American way…”
– Toby Keith
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Sorry – FaceBook asked…