I was surfing today and noticed these items around the internet:
- Harvey Weinstein Pleads For Tax Breaks…
- Hillary Benghazi Flap ‘Complete Bull—‘…
- Dems plan all-night talkathon on ‘climate change’…
Then you have the Democrat’s denial of objective reality when it comes to Obamacare:
And with Russia:
Now Obama has told Democrats that “It is time to worry”.
And somewhere during all of that, it dawned on me that the Democrat Party has become a doomsday cult like that of Jim Jones and Jonestown, Guyana infamy.
So knowing that there is nothing that isn’t available on the Internet, Al Gore’s greatest invention, I looked up the characteristics of a doomsday cult:
- Charismatic leadership – check, Obama.
- Deception in recruiting – check, “We can give you free stuff, vote for us.)
- Use of thought-reform methods – post modernism and good old fashioned lying, check.
- Isolation (physical and/or psychological) – only Beltway ideas accepted here, check.
- Demand for absolute, unquestioning devotion and loyalty – check, just ask the Congressional Black Caucus.
- Sharp, unsurpassable distinction between “us” (good, saved) and “them” (bad, going to Hell) – the GOP is filled with old white men who want to starve the poor and the Tea Party is nothing but racist bigots…and don’t even get us started on the Koch brothers, check.
- “Inside language” that only members fully understand – “uncontested arrival”, enough said.
- Strict control over members’ daily routines – you must comply with all government edicts or else we will send Louise Lerner to audit you, check.
Looking at these would seem to indicate that the joke that the left “drinks the Kool Aid” is far more than a cultural reference.