I’m going to agree with Nancy Pelosi about Republicans. She is spot on when she said:
“I asked a Republican friend why his party remains so opposed to extending the vital lifelines for struggling families and really hungry children, this colleague’s response was telling in its blunt nature and it’s stunning in its honestly. What he said was to the Republican caucus, these people you are talking about are invisible, and the Republican caucus is indifferent to them.
Invisible and indifferent. This is just plain wrong. That is not the leadership the American people deserve and it is up to us to demonstrate clearly how Democrats are different. That no American is invisible to us and we will never be indifferent to their needs. We know and care about the needs of the American people.”
But what you have to understand is that Democrats say words that to them have drastically different meanings to the inhabitants of the real world. The denizens of the American left have become masters at Orwellian newspeak and doublethink, spouting phrases that sound like facts but aren’t.
Look a Pelosi’s statement and replace her words with these translations:
- “Vital lifelines” really means “dependency creating government programs”
- “Struggling families” really means “victims of Democrat economic policies”
- “Really hungry children” really means “standard Democrat emotional appeal”
- “Invisible” really means “treated as individuals who deserve to be of independent means”
- “Indifferent” really means “looked at as human beings, not a potential voting bloc”
- “That is not the leadership the American people deserve” really means “Americans are too stupid to govern themselves and need elites to control them”
- “Democrats are different” really means “Democrats are communists”
- “No American is invisible to us” really means “We would tattoo a bar code on your ass and track you with the NSA if we thought we could get away with it”
- “We will never be indifferent to their needs” really means “We will divide you into groups based on identity politics”
- “We know and care about the needs of the American people” really means “We will pander to anyone, anywhere and at any time because when it comes to votes, we are basically highly paid prostitutes”
So you see, when you use the real world translations, Pelosi actually makes sense.