If I wrote that it is time to revolt, there is no doubt that I would be painted as a crazy, extreme right-wing zealot – but I do believe that a grass roots revolution is the only chance we have. We are losing this battle and I do believe that President Barack Obama will be known by history as the man who destroyed the American Republic.
Consider these things that have or are happening under the Obama regime:
- America now negotiates with terrorists. Remember Bowe Bergdahl?
- America now denies that there is a war on terror exists as known terrorists are released from GITMO.
- America no longer supports its friends – yet it allows its enemies to prosper. This regime considers sanctions against Israel while allowing Iran to continue its progress toward going nuclear.
- America no longer fights communism – i.e. “normalization” with Cuba.
- America can no longer project its power to protect its people or businesses abroad (beheaded Americans, Sony’s capitulation to North Korea, Sgt. Tahmooressi’s imprisonment in Mexico).
- America actively devalues its own citizenship (executive amnesty for illegals).
- America has witnessed the presidency become the true unitary executive through Obama’s use of executive orders and executive memos to change the meaning of duly passed laws.
- America has turned its power inward, using it to control its citizens, spy on them and punish those who dissent (the IRS targeting of the Tea Party groups and the NSA domestic snooping programs).
- America now has the equivalent of a planned, communist economy as:
- Dependence on government programs has reached historically high levels (food stamps, disability, unemployment, subsidized health insurance, social security, Medicare and Medicaid),
- Record amounts of income tax money flows out of the economy and into government coffers,
- A historic level of public debt saddles current and future generations of citizens with a financial burden that can never be relieved and,
- The Treasury devalues the currency by flooding the economy with fiat currency.
- America now acts against its own interests in actively preventing energy development by using “climate science” that is really a pseudo-religion that shares the same goals as communism – total government control (fracking bans).
- America continues to increase its holding and control over the landscape, acquiring “public lands” and either restricting access to them or declaring them off limits to human use and development.
- America confiscates private property (90,000 acres along the Red River in Texas are in the process of being confiscated by the Bureau of Land Management).
All of this as Congress stands by, the members of which either agree with this direction (Democrats), passively don’t care because they will do the same things, just for different people and groups (establishment GOP) or seem powerless to counteract (Tea Party Republicans).
America has changed.
For the 65 years from about 1900 to 1965, progressive ideology pushed its way into American life, ratcheting itself forward through the ebb and flow of American politics. While its public influence appeared to oscillate from strong to weak, the remarkable effectiveness of its adherents is evident in the enshrinement of its advances in American law, rendering them almost beyond challenge or change. No matter the political climate, these progressive policies (mostly entitlements) have never been reformed. Even as progressives fell out of power, these progressive policies remained intact, forming a foundation for the next wave of progressivism to build upon.
If you do not see this, please name for me one major government entitlement program that has ever been reduced or eliminated.
Now progressivism is now on the downhill run and picking up momentum. All that came before has set the stage for what now comes. In the years since about 1965, the changes in America desired by progressives have become easier and easier and have met less and less resistance. It is simply inconceivable that Bill Clinton or even the commie loving Jimmy Carter before him could have “normalized” relationships with communist Cuba without being met with true opposition, unlike the impotent “oh, well” whimper that President Obama is experiencing.
There can be little doubt that the indoctrination of children in government schools dominated by progressive ideology is a cause, but another is the incrementalism that has been adopted by those who purportedly oppose progressivism.
For example, let’s stipulate that Ronald Reagan is the benchmark conservative and rate him at 100. Assuming that we pragmatically select a candidate in the next presidential election cycle that is 80% of Reagan, we run a candidate that is 80% as conservative as Reagan. If the cycle continues of accepting a candidate that is 80% as the last one, within five election cycles (20 years), we have a candidate that is only roughly 33% as conservative as Reagan. This is an extreme example but is something to think about as the establishment GOP starts to push the Common Core loving Jeb Bush.
The only thing that stands between progressivism and its ultimate goal of a communist government in America is the people. Far from being an outlandish idea, our duty to protect America from destruction from within is defined in the Declaration of Independence:
“That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.”
That’s no crazy right-wing, Tea Party zealot speaking – that was Thomas Jefferson. The fact that I could write the same thing and be called one is evidence of how far America has fallen.