The Democrats seem to think that the answer to defeating ISIS is to place more restrictions on American citizens – but that is their general reaction to everything:
- ISIS – well, Crusades. “And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ”, sayeth the Lord Obama.
- Islamic terrorism – Islamic terrorists have a “even a legitimacy in terms of — not a legitimacy, but a rationale”, so non-Muslims have to be more careful and accept more surveillance and restrictions on our behavior.
- Syrian refugees – it isn’t non-policies like Obama’s “red line” that are the problem, it is American’s acting in a non-Christian manner by not supporting the import of people who can’t be vetted.
- Imported domestic terrorists like the Tsarnaev brothers – Americans make it too hard to assimilate, we don’t do enough to “welcome” them. “…it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”
- Special snowflakes don’t like what I say – implement “speech codes” and punish me for the use of certain words.
- Criminals with guns – more restrictions on law-abiding gun owners who already follow the laws.
- Illegal immigration – you are a racist and they are just coming here to do jobs you won’t do anyway.
- Poverty – it’s not generational dependence due to the welfare state, you just aren’t paying enough taxes.
- Record debt and constant federal defects – it isn’t government spending and waste that is the issue, again it is #8 above.
- Political rancor – it isn’t radical socialist policies or constant race baiting by our first black president, it’s you! According to that same President, it is that “the U.S. suffers from “pitfalls” such as income inequality, a political system controlled by the wealthy and political parties divided along racial lines.”
- The Constitution – our brilliant elites can’t achieve the progressive Utopia because this ancient document gets in the way. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg would not recommend the document that has protected the greatest degree of individual freedom in history as a model, saying “I would not look to the U.S. Constitution, if I were drafting a Constitution in the year 2012. I might look at the Constitution of South Africa.”
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Jeane Kirkpatrick got it right in her 1984 GOP convention speech – it’s blame America first. Obama’s first reaction to being questioned in Turkey about his failed policies was to attack Republicans.
The reason Democrats can never solve a problem is that they never address the actual problem. They would rather go after something they can blame and control because it is easier, even if what they do is totally unrelated to the issue. They tell us that it isn’t the incident, it is how we REACT to the incident that matters. It is like me grounding one of my kids because my neighbor stole my truck.
Maybe to defeat ISIS, we should, you know – actually fight ISIS, not the GOP or the American people.