As the GOP convention nears, Cruz is wisely preparing for a contested convention. Because this hasn’t happened since 1948, many people (including Trump) are confused about the delegate process. The way I understand it is that when a candidate wins a state, he is granted a certain number of pledged delegates. If the winning candidate doesn’t win enough delegates (1237) to achieve the nomination, he then goes to a contested convention. These previously chosen delegates must vote for their pledged candidate on the first round of voting, but may change their vote on a second round of voting. I don’t understand why there is a second round of voting, and why that can include Paul Ryan, but, um, okay.
With Colorado and other states invigorating the #NEVERTRUMP campaign, there’s a niggling fear in the back of my mind; that fear of tripping and being helped up Hillary Clinton…………or Bernie Sanders.
Now I know very well that Trump is about 99% to blame for lack of delegates, but I believe the other 1% (#NEVERTRUMP) attributed to no delegates for him. It is what it is, but as Dr. Carson so logically stated, “If Trump isn’t the nominee, vote for the other Republican.” Likewise, if Trump is the nominee, vote for him. Why? Because of the Supreme Court nominee(s) that will be chosen is why. Do you honestly believe that Sanders or Clinton would put a conservative or a moderate on the SCOTUS?
If we step back and look at the big picture, it is clear that a #NEVERTRUMP vote is a bad idea……..probably as bad as a vote for Paul Ryan. But, hey, I can’t stand C-3P0 (John Kasich). Maybe I should write a negative post every day about him in hopes that if it is ever between him and a democrat, folks will shift to the democrat. The SCOTUS isn’t that important. What have they done these last seven years, anyway? Help. Me. Now.
While Trump has a lot of shortcomings for many folks, I do know that every Republican on that debate stage eventually started preaching exactly what Trump was saying from the get go. Don’t believe me? Go to the Youtube and watch the debates in order. #truth
For me the economy and immigration are the most important issues. They are inherently connected. People may call Trump a racist, but the reality is that if cars were exploding like Muslims, you wouldn’t import them; you’d recall them until they were fixed. If foreign fauna was overtaking indigenous fauna, it would be stopped at customs.
As far as the economy, Trump knows that employment numbers are smoke and mirrors; the GDP alone confirms that. A businessman has a far better handle on trade deals than two people (Clinton/Sanders) who have spent their entire lives serving the people………or rather, servicing their donors.
Personally, I think the time has come to start taking our digs at the emperor with no clothes, and his loyal progeny wishing to follow in his footsteps. The GOP must unite. #NEVERTRUMP should be replaced with #NOTADEMAGAIN.