The left continues to claim that Trump is like Hitler, will be the last president (I guess he is going to make himself president for life) and he is killing democracy. Let’s review 10 ways (just off the top of my head – I’m sure others can come up with their own favorites) President Obama was far more of a lying tyrant than Trump is claimed to be – and the left never said a word about them:
- Trump has not produced, nor has the GOP controlled Congress passed a single bill that forces citizens to buy a certain product through a government exchange. Obama did that.
- Trump has not used any government agency to stonewall any groups right to free speech. Obama used the IRS to silence conservative groups.
- Trump has not used the government against the press. Under Obama, the DOJ and the F.B.I. spied on reporters by monitoring their phone records, labeled one journalist an unindicted co-conspirator in a criminal case for simply doing reporting and issued subpoenas to other reporters to try to force them to reveal their sources and testify in criminal cases.
- Trump has not issued unconstitutional executive orders, usurping the power of Congress. Using his pen and phone, Obama did – Obama lost more decisions in the Supreme Court than any other modern president.
- Trump has never tried to nationalize one seventh of the American economy. Obama did with Obamacare.
- Trump has never used unilateral executive agreements to avoid the constitutional treaty process. Obama did with the Paris Climate Accords and the Iran “deal”.
- Trump has never unilaterally decided and executed a transfer of billions of dollars to a terrorist sponsor. Obama did by sending pallets of cash to Iran.
- Trump has never unilaterally negotiated the release of Taliban commanders in exchange for a deserter. Does the name Bowe Bergdahl ring a bell?
- Trump has never lied to just to get legislation passed. Obama: “You can keep your doctor/plan if you like your doctor/plan” and “you’ll save $2500 a year”, helped along by people like Jonathan Gruber, who said, “Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical to get for the thing to pass.”
- Trump didn’t lie to protect his election prospects. Benghazi was just a video, right?
Like I said, just off the top of my head. 5 minutes of CPU time.